In this week’s episode of Talk360, Keesa and Djevna give their thoughts on Aaliyah’s biopic finally getting the green light, Robin Thicke throwing himself a public pity party, YouTube’s power play against independent labels, #FelonCrushFriday, and more! This week’s 360 topic is “A Woman’s Work” (25:26), where they examine women’s role in the workplace and overcoming society’s gender norms. Check it out!
- Aaliyah Biopic Gets Green Light for Lifetime
- Baby Nori’s First Birthday
- Lupita Nyong’o Lands Her First Vogue Cover
- Robin Thicke Releases Visuals for “Want Her Back”
- YouTube to Delete Independent Artists from Site
- Airplane Security Fees on the Rise
- Uber’s $18 Billion Valuation
Our Faves of the Week
360 Topic: A Women’s Work
- Pantene’s “Not Sorry” Campaign
- Women Don’t Speak Up at High-level Meetings
- Why Women Don’t Speak Up and What We Can Do About It
- The Atlantic “The Confidence Gap” Article
Posts like this: 27 Things Things You Must Say Goodbye to at 27
In the third installment of Talk360, Keesa and Djevna discuss Blue Ivy being better than you on her worst day, stalkers playing house, and how a name like Quintavius is asking for nothing but trouble. This week’s 360 topic is “Through Thick and Thin” (26:00), where they discuss the realities of staying loyal in relationships. Tune in to see if Chris Brown knew what he was talking about in his 2014 hit.
- Blue Ivy’s Change.org Petition
- Yahoo News Announces Kelly Rowland Expecting Blue Ivy’s Assistant
- Sanna Lathan Has a Stalker
- T.I. Thinks Tiny’s Not Loyal
- Eve Marries Her Billionaire Beau
- BBC News Article: The Next Billionaires in Numbers
- Starbucks to Send Employees to College for Free
Our Faves of the Week
When economists and journalists compare the economic performance of different places, they tend to focus on big things, such as tax rates and government spending. But the Texas story is best understood as an aggregation of little things: tiny regulations you’ve never heard of that make it easier for employers to expand their businesses — and hire more people — in Texas than elsewhere.
The state’s economic boom is becoming impossible to ignore(via aljazeeraamerica)
In their second show, Keesa and Djevna discuss the N-word being dropped by white people with black friends, Kung-Fu judges, and whether or not the “C” in Christian stands for cheater. This week’s 360 topic is “A Grad Decision” (22:48). Tune in to hear them speak with their first guest, Henry Johnson, as they try and determine if grad school even makes sense for millennials.
Episode 2 is here everyone! Check it out!