Being white means never having to think about it.
#which is why the term white privilege REALLY angers people#it’s the first time many people hear themselves categorized by race#suddenly they feel burdened by the idea their race defines them#just like the words straight and cis really anger people#because it makes them feel Othered for once#and it’s disconcerting#white privilege
In this week’s episode, Keesa and Djevna talk about Kim Kardashian’s picture book, Obama getting “Fancy” on ‘em, and how “sketchy” might be the new black. Two guests, Simon and Khaden, joined them for this week’s 360 topic, “Jesus is My Homeboy and the Other 1%” (30:20). Tune in to hear their discussion on being the religious minority as a millennial and member of the black community.
- Kim Kardashian to Release a Book of Selfies
- Rihanna Takes Cover of W Magazine
- Obama Sings Iggy Azalea’s “Fancy”
- Ebola Outbreak 2014: ZMAPP To Be Brought to West Africa, Finding Patient Zero, and Experimental Drug Appears to Have Treated American Patients.
- Boston Bringing 75 New Liquor Licenses to the City
- Mike Brown Incident: St. Louis Cop Shoots and Kills College Bound Teen
- New “SketchFactor” App
360 Topic: The 1%
- Pew Research Center Study - Religion Among Millennials
- Carnegie Mellon University Study - Millennials Talk to God, but Fewer Rely on Religion
I don’t care if Mike Brown was going to college soon. This should not matter. We should not have to prove Mike Brown was worthy of living. We should not have to account for the ways in which he is suitably respectable. We should not have to prove that his body did not deserve to be riddled with bullets. His community should not have to silence their anger so they won’t be accused of rioting, so they won’t become targets too.
In their eighth episode, Keesa and Djevna may have gotten themselves into some trouble with the Beyhive speaking on the Flawless Remix. They also explore Nicki Minaj’s FantASStic album art and how TIME can’t possibly have the time to investigate the word “bae.” In this week’s 360 topic, “White is Right?” (27:36), they discuss the characterization of “blackness” in society.
- Beyonce - Flawless Remix ft. Nicki Minaj
- Nicki Minaj Responds to “Anaconda” Single Album Cover Backlash
- Trey Songz and Chris Brown Kick it with The Jenners
- Updates on the Ebola Epidemic: CNN Overview, BBC Africa Overview, BBC Overview, and US Ebola Patients Given Experimental Serum
- NYC Medical Examiner Declares Eric Garner Death a Homicide
- What People Think of you Based on Your Photo
- Who Wins the Name Game?
Our Faves of the Week
360 Topic: White is Right?
Tune in to this week’s Talk360 episode where Keesa and Djevna discuss Bow Wow’s ability to make everyone relevant except him, Drake’s ode to sidepieces, and the ridiculous ABC’s of casting calls. Join them as they explore the Eric Garner case and the apparent rise of police brutality in the United States in this week’s 360 topic, “Breakdown of the Beat Down” (31:25).
- Did Floyd Mayweather Admit to Sleeping with Tiny?
- Kanye West Takes the Cover of GQ
- Bow Wow Tired of Making InstaGirls Famous
- Drake Hosts the ESPYs
- Malaysia Flight Crash in Ukraine
- Straight Outta Compton Biopic Casting Call
360 Topic: Breakdown of the Beat Down
- CA Highway Beat Down
- ASU Professor Assaulted Over Jaywalking
- Eric Garner Case
- Petersburg Police Chokehold
- Police Brutality Stats: Statistics fall by 60% when cops wear portable cameras and more police brutality statistics
In this week’s Talk360 episode, Keesa and Djevna talk about how Keesa is feeling crabby, Rihanna moving on to someone new while her exes chop it up in the studio, dick pics being used to catch a criminal, and an American dad with an African princess. Tune in to this week’s 360 topic, E-Thugs N’ Harmony (25:26), where they discuss the perils of social media in this day and age.
- Rihanna May Have New Boo
- Drake and Chris Brown in the Studio
- Robin Thicke’s Album Flops
- Tracy Morgan Sues Walmart
- 2014 Emmy Nominations
- Judge Approves Warrant for Dick Pic
- Dad Makes Daughter Princess of the Kingdom of North Sudan
Our Faves of The Week
360 Topic: E-Thugs N’ Harmony